Online Travel b2b
Join Copenhagen based Discover the World, world class GSA in the travel trade industry, and put your sales and marketing skills to creative and efficient use. In close collaboration with your Scandinavian colleagues you’ll get to work with every nook and hook there is in communication, marketing, branding and sales. We represent numerous large international players in the industry and we look forward to welcoming a new member to our team.
The Sales Executive role is responsible for promoting the online b2b travel agency program and managing relationships with new and existing travel agent partners in Norway and Sweden. The majority of time will be spent on prospecting new accounts, developing business with existing accounts and ensuring account retention. There will also be a focus on identifying partners which have potential to grow into large partners in the future.
This role will also require telecommunication interactions to existing agents as well as prospects. Conduct product training face-to-face or virtually. Attend partner events, tradeshows/exhibitions and support the Senior Sales Manager and Senior Sales Executive.
The role will administer all activity related to their partners and should engage and leverage, customer operations, sales support, analytics, and marketing teams as necessary.
These roles will partner closely with Agent Support to ensure a smooth account signup process and to drive strong results.
The candidate will also work within a regional team to ensure European market needs and activities are aligned. Within this team the candidate will provide ideas and share strategy to help support their European colleagues and likewise to receive support.
We are looking for an energetic individual, a team player, who can work independently, a self-motivator, sales driven, analytical and with an appetite to learn and support a team.
National travel will be required.
Key responsibilities & qualifications include:
- Ability to accurately diagnose known and unknown partner business needs and translate needs into opportunities and appropriate product offering
- Good sales skills and with the ability to translate benefits into the partner’s business language to prove value
- Ability to effectively communicate and to form strong business relationships face to face and remotely; including fundamental presentation skills and the demonstrated ability to articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Ability to identify travel agent partners with strong fit and which have the opportunity for long term growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CRM skills, preferably Salesforce
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment
- Team player who is willing to share ideas, bring a positive attitude and can be flexible when needed
At least 2 years sales experience ideally related to the travel industry but not compulsory.
Note that this position is remote (home based) and requires some traveling both domestic and in Scandinavia. We do not expect overtime but appreciate flexibility.
If you have any questions, please contact Erika Andersson, firstname.lastname@example.org