Some update on India’s E-Tourist Visa which was introduced in September 2014 with 46 countries has now been made applicable for 166 countries. The government recently made a series of amendments in the e-visa regime.
- Duration of stay in India of e-Tourist and e-Business Visas is maximum up to 1 Year with multiple entries subject to the stay stipulations.
- The existing restriction of allowing foreigner for a maximum of three times has also been removed.
Changes in the e-Tourist Visa:
- On e-Tourist Visa continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 90 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa except nationals of USA, UK, Canada and Japan.
- In case of nationals of the USA, UK, Canada and Japan continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days.
- In all cases, no registration will be required.
Changes in e-Business Visa:
- Continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days in case of nationals of all countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa
- No registration will be required if the stay is for a period of less than 180 days.
- e-Visa is valid for entry through 2 (two) more designated Airports (Bhubaneswar and Port Blair) raising the total number of such airports to 28.
- Attending destination wedding under normal e-Tourist visa or Tourist visa- No separate category of Destination Wedding Visa.
- Foreign nationals who fall sick during their stay in India can now avail medical treatment without converting their visa into Medical Visa. This would take care of sudden medical emergencies.
- Visa-on-Arrival facility extended to the nationals of the Republic of Korea.
The official website to apply India’s E-Visa: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html