The may closures around the world may actually have been an advantage for Denmark at this year’s award ceremony, says Bent Christensen, editor of the Danish Dining Guide, to Ritzau.
– Denmark has benefited from the fact that the judges for a very large part of the time have had the opportunity to visit restaurants, says Bent Christensen, who has previously been among the judges whose votes the list is based on.
Noma has taken first place on the list four times before – in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.
The list of the best restaurants has been made since 2002. Over 1000 judges from around the world – chefs, journalists and gastronomes – have each had ten votes.
Here are the world’s 10 best restaurants
The Danish restaurant Noma takes back the place as number one in the award The World’s 50 Best Restaurants.
According to the people behind the list, the world’s 10 best restaurants are:
- Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Geranium, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Asador Etxebarri, Atxondo, Spain.
- Central, Lima, Peru.
- Disfrutar, Barcelona, Spain.
- Frantzén, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Maido, Lima, Peru.
- Odette, Singapore.
- Pujol, Mexico City, Mexico.
- The Chairman, Hongkong.